Nursing and midwifery
Nurses and midwives comprise the largest portion of the health workforce in most countries.They deliver core services at all levels of the health system and across the continuum of care to promote health, improve patient care, service delivery and health outcomes.
Many countries in the Western Pacific Region experience ongoing nursing and midwifery staff shortages, inequitable distribution of capabilities and skill-mix imbalances.
News and press release
Asia Pacific Emergency and Disaster Nursing Network Meeting, 18-20 September 2013, Bangkok, Thailand
Documents and publications
- Nursing & Midwifery Services Strategic Directions 2011-2015
- Infection Prevention and Control/Patient Safety
- Health service planning and policy-making: a toolkit for nurses and midwives
- ICN Framework of Disaster Nursing Competencies
- Global standards for the initial education of professional nurses and midwives
- Enhancing nursing and midwifery capacity to contribute to the prevention, treatment and management of noncommunicable diseases
2013 Asia Pacific Emergency and Disaster Nursing Network Meeting Brief Flyer