World No Tobacco Day
World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is celebrated around the world every year on May 31.
This yearly celebration informs the public on the dangers of using tobacco, the business practices of tobacco companies, what WHO is doing to fight the tobacco epidemic, and what people around the world can do to claim their right to health and healthy living and to protect future generations.
- 2017 - Tobacco – a threat to development
- 2016 - Get ready for plain packaging
- 2015 - Stop illicit trade of tobacco products
- 2014 - Raise taxes on tobacco
- 2013 - Ban tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship
- 2012 - Tobacco industry interference
- 2011 - The WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control
- 2010 - Gender and tobacco with an emphasis on marketing to women
World No Tobacco Day (WNTD)
Meetings and Workshops
- Meeting on Implementation of the Regional Action Plan for the Tobacco Free Initiative in the Western Pacific Region (2015-2019)
- Reconvening the Asia Pacific Child and Family Health Alliance for Tobacco Control (CFTC) of the Western Pacific Region
- Pacific Workshop on Implementation of the Regional Action Plan for the Tobacco Free Initiative in the Western Pacific (2015-2019) - Press Release