World No Tobacco Day 2012
31 May 2012
The theme of World No Tobacco Day is "tobacco industry interference". The global campaign will focus on the need to expose and counter the tobacco industry's brazen and increasingly aggressive attempts to undermine the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control as called for in the treaty's Article 5.3.
World No Tobacco Day 2012 provides an opportunity to educate policy-makers and the general public about the tobacco industry's nefarious and harmful tactics.
WHO urges all countries to put the fight against tobacco industry interference at the heart of their efforts to control the global tobacco epidemic and save millions of lives.
The World No Tobacco Day Award is given to individuals or organizations in recognition of their outstanding contribution in developing, implementing and promoting smoke-free policies and programmes.
Winners of the World No Tobacco Day Award
Director-General's Special Recognition of Contribution to Global Tobacco Control
- People's Republic of China
Professor Chen Zhu
Minister of Health
Certificate of Appreciation
- Republic of the Philippines
Atty. Francis N. Tolentino
Chairman, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority
- Republic of Korea
Korean Association on Smoking or Health
World No Tobacco Day (WNTD)
Recent Meetings and Workshops
- Meeting on Implementation of the Regional Action Plan for the Tobacco Free Initiative in the Western Pacific Region (2015-2019)
- Reconvening the Asia Pacific Child and Family Health Alliance for Tobacco Control (CFTC) of the Western Pacific Region
- 2nd Smoke-free World Heritage Sites and Cities Regional Workshop