The Regional Strategy to Stop TB in the Western Pacific 2011-2015 was endorsed by Member States at the 61st Regional Committee Meeting in Putrajaya, Malaysia (October 2010), as well as the regional TB Technical Advisory Group and National TB Programmes (July 2010). The Strategy provides guidance and information on new, innovative tools that can help countries write their National TB Strategic Plans and develop sound TB policies. After its first year of implementation and integration into National TB Strategic Plans, countries have made numerous achievements that cut across all 5 Strategy Objectives.
Regional Strategy Objectives
- To promote universal and equitable access to quality TB diagnosis and treatment for all people;
- To strengthen TB laboratory capacity;
- To scale up the Programmatic Management of Drug-resistant TB (PMDT);
- To expand TB/HIV collaborative activities; and
- To strengthen TB programme management capacity supported by sustained political commitment and sufficient financing for TB control.