About the library
Mission and function
The Regional Office Library, also known as WHO/WPRO Library, collects, organizes and disseminates medical and health-related literature to respond to the information requirements of the Regional Office and field staff, staff of other United Nations agencies and international organizations, as well as researchers from Member States of the WHO Western Pacific Region.
The Regional Office Library has two functions:
- to provide library and information services to WHO staff in the regional and field offices, staff of other UN agencies, researchers from Member States of the WHO Western Pacific Region who are government employees, professionals, postgraduate students; and
- to provide technical and administrative support to the technical officer responsible for the planning and implementation of knowledge management activities in collaboration with Member States.
- Journals and other periodicals acquired through subscription and as gifts
- Books and other monographs acquired through purchase and as gifts
- Publications and documents from WHO and from other United Nations agencies and international organizations, governmental/nongovernmental organizations, etc.
- Pamphlets and other ephemeral materials
The WPRO Library is open to staff of WHO from Monday to Friday at 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and to professional researchers at 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., except on WHO holidays and WHO-recognized Philippine public holidays.