WHO provided support to the Member States in outbreak situations. The support includes:
- dispatch of experts in response to government’s requests
- providing supplies and equipment
- issuing information on diseases and disease control measures;
- coordinating international investigation teams; and
- disseminating information during outbreaks.
In the past years, WHO sent technical missions to support outbreak response in the country. Support was provided for the following: SARS, meningococcemia, dengue, ebola reston, leptospirosis, pandemic influenza, and the most recent outbreak of Cholera in 2012.
Projects, feature stories and news
WHO work in the Philippines