13 medical institutions first to adopt the Unang Yakap in their curriculum
Thirteen of the 38 medical institutions in the country are the first to adopt the Unang Yakap in their curriculum for academic year 2011-2012. The Unang Yakap is the endpoint of birthing practices under the Essential Intrapartum and Newborn Care (EINC) Protocols.
These schools are:
- Angeles University Foundation School of Medicine
- Cebu Doctors’ University
- Central Philippine University (OB, Pediatrics)
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Iloilo Doctor’s Hospital College of Medicine
- JONELTA (OB, Pediatrics, Family Medicine)
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM)
- Remedios T. Romualdez Medical Foundation
- St. Luke’s College of Medicine
- UP College of Medicine
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
The remaining 25 schools pledged to implement it this 2012. The APMC, the umbrella organization of medical schools, is committed to the EINC Project.