WSPs for new types of water systems
Selected areas in the country which experienced waterborne disease outbreaks will form part of the upcoming AusAid assisted Phase 3 Project, from 2012 to 2016. The project will develop WSP models for new types of water systems.
The WSP approach will be applied on:
- water refilling stations;
- community-based water systems;
- local government nit (LGU)-managed water systems;
- water systems in private subdivisions; and
- water haulers linked to sanitation and household water treatment.
The lessons learned from this project will be given to the Department of Health, as inputs in the development of national policy and guidelines on water safety plans.