Major contributions of WHO Country Office to the programme
Dengue integrated vector management
- documentation of IVM case ctudies in Agusan del Norte and Mati City;
- development of Dengue manual of procedures and medium-term plan; and
- on-going policy development on IVM.
- routine entomology surveys in Baguio, for the implementation of the “Community-based Dengue Pilot Project in Baguio City”;
- training on indoor residual spraying in CHD XI; and
- national training on basic vector surveillance and COMBI for dengue prevention and control.
Dengue case management
- development of Dengue clinical guidelines for diagnosis and treatment;
- sttrengthening national reference laboratory capacity and expansion of sub-national Llboratories for dengue and Other arboviruses;
- AFRIMS training provided to RITM and NEC staff; and
- training of trainers on the revised dengue clinical case management.
Social mobilization & communication for dengue
- financial, technical and personnel support, including the reproduction of advocacy materials (posters, flip charts, stickers) for the “Community-based Dengue Pilot Project in Baguio City”, with initial support from ADB;
- COMBI social skills workshop;
- COMBI training in CHD XI;
- situational assessment/ documentation of COMBI projects and its best practices in the Philippines (Cagayan, Agusan del Sur and Davao Oriental)
- participation in the launching and campaign of Aksyon Barangay Kontra Dengue (ABKD1);
- gender and development (GAD) case studies in Agusan del Norte
- support for the 1st and 2nd ASEAN Dengue Day; and
- support for the Philippine National Dengue Summit.
Dengue outbreak response
- support for regional stockpile procurement & emergency supplies
- community-based Dengue Pilot Project in Baguio City;
- RS Trials for insecticide-resistance monitoring; and
- insectary refurbishment to support RITM in the implementation of research in dengue vector biology and control. This insectary will also cater to other vector-borne diseases such as malaria, filarial and JE.