WHO has taken action to reduce climate change health risks for vulnerable populations and urges Member States to combat the effects of climate change by:
- developing health measures for adaptation to climate change;
- strengthening health monitoring capacity and minimizing the public health impacts of climate change;
- promoting effective engagement of the health sector to reduce risks associated with climate change;
- adopting intersectoral initiatives based on assessment of the health implications of other sectors' climate change policies, such as urban planning, transport, energy supply, food production and water resources; and
- advocating for decisions that provide opportunities to improve health.