Strategic priority 4. Strengthening health security, including control of communicable and vaccine preventable diseases
Main focus 4.1: Support to strengthen surveillance and response capacity to communicable diseases
- Strategic approaches 4.1.1: Strengthening the surveillance and outbreak response system as required by International Health Regulations 2005.
- Strategic approaches 4.1.2: Support the development of national policies in line with international best practices on communicable disease surveillance, outbreak response, prevention and care.
- Strategic approaches 4.1.3: Support the development of healthcare infection control policies and programmes.
- Strategic approaches 4.1.4: Promote collaboration between human and animal health and strengthen capacity in controlling zoonotic diseases.
Main focus 4.2: Strengthen capacities for regulation and monitoring food safety
- Strategic approaches 4.2.1: Support strengthening food safety management and National Codex Team.
- Strategic approaches 4.2.2: Strengthen foodborne disease prevention and surveillance and integrate INFOSAN and EWAR activities.
- Strategic approaches 4.2.3: Support standard setting and monitoring for food fortification.
Main focus 4.3: Emergency and disaster preparedness and response
- Strategic approaches 4.3.1: Support for development and implementation of the national strategy for health emergency preparedness and response.
- Strategic approaches 4.3.2: Support capacity building for improved risk communication.
Main focus 4.4: Sustaining and accelerating control of vaccine preventable diseases
- Strategic approach 4.4.1: Support for effective control, elimination and eradication of vaccine preventable diseases.
- Strategic approach 4.4.2: Support to evaluate and introduce new vaccines and technologies for potential inclusion in the programme.