Strategic priority 3. Sustaining and accelerating the achievement of health related MDG targets
Main focus 3.1: Strengthen the public health approach to reduce disparity in maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health
- Strategic approaches 3.1.1: Support expanded coverage and access to and improve quality of priority maternal, child health interventions, particularly in most needy areas.
Main focus 3.2: Support the strengthening of a continuum of care
- Strategic approaches 3.2.1: Support the integrated delivery of services on pregnancy, child birth, postpartum, neonatal care (PCPNC), integrated management of childhood illness (IMCI), expanded programme on immunization (EPI) and nutrition.
- Strategic approaches 3.2.2: Support integration of RH/HIV/STI services and one-stop approach for elimination of congenital syphilis and mother-to-child transmission of HIV and hepatitis
Main focus 3.3: Reduce neonatal mortality
- Strategic approaches 3.3.1: Support interventions and capacity building to reduce neonatal mortality.
Main focus 3.4: Support prevention and control of tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS/STIs
- Strategic approaches 3.4.1: Support improved quality and access to Direct Observed Treatment, Short Course (DOTS) management of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) and overcome social stigma against tuberculosis.
- Strategic approaches 3.4.2: Support accelerated health sector response to HIV/STI prevention, care, treatment and strategic information.