Strategic priority 1: Health system strengthening through primary health care approach
Main focus 1.1: Support health sector reform to ensure universal access of quality services and address disparities
- Strategic approaches 1.1.1: Support the development of primary health care policy, and strengthen systems for capacity building, quality assurance, universal access and reducing disparity.
- Strategic approaches 1.1.2: Support the development of viable human resource development policies for production, capacity building and management of health workforce to ensure quality primary health services, including focus on licensing, performance standards, rational income, distribution, quality, ethics and incentive mechanism, and strengthening of high-level committee functions.
- Strategic approaches 1.1.3: Support the development of a viable healthcare financing policy, and support to enhance and sustain the National Health Account.
- Strategic approaches 1.1.4: Support to establish mechanisms for health systems research in the areas of policy analysis, health economics, priority interventions and capacity building.
Main focus 1.2: Support for strengthening performance of health care system
- Strategic approaches 1.2.1: Support to develop/upgrade policies and their implementation on essential medicines, traditional medicines, public health laboratory, technology and equipment for quality, safety and rational use.
- Strategic approaches 1.2.2: Support health information systems including e-health, e-medical records, integrated surveillance systems, community level information, service availability mapping, telemedicine, and knowledge management and dissemination.
- Strategic approaches 1.2.3: Support for safe blood supply and transfusion services, patient safety and quality assurance.
Main focus 1.3: Promote coordination and partnership for health
- Strategic approaches 1.3.1: Support to further strengthen partnerships and mechanism for aid coordination.