Strategic priority 5: Strengthen Environmental health programme
Main focus 5.1: Support to mitigation of the health impact of climate change
- Strategic approaches 5.1.1: Support development and implementation of National Climate Change and Health strategies, policies and plans.
- Strategic approaches 5.1.2: Support capacity building of health and related sectors to mitigate the effects of climate change on health.
Main focus 5.2: Strengthen programmes to improve provision of safe water and adequate sanitation
- Strategic approaches 5.2.1: Support expansion of provision of safe water and sanitation in healthcare facilities
- Strategic approaches 5.2.2: Support development and implementation of policies on water quality and sanitation, and promote community based activities
Main focus 5.3: Support implementation of the National Environmental Health Programme
- Strategic approaches 5.3.1: Support to strengthen environmental hazard management and health impact assessment.
- Strategic approaches 5.3.2: Support to strengthen management of health care wastes, chemical safety and occupational health