Workshop on Health Sector Financial Management: Training Modules
Place: Seoul, Republic of Korea
Date: 17 Mar, 2008 - 19 Mar, 2008
The WHO Interregional Meeting on the Implementation of the Strategy on Health Care Financing for Countries of the Western Pacific and South-East Asia Regions, held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from 28 to 31 August 2006, revealed a common need among participating countries to strengthen their health sector capacities and skills in developing realistic budgets and financial plans by estimating resource needs, projecting revenues and closing resource gaps.
After carrying out a needs assessment in five countries, it was determined that a training programme was needed to address some of the problems that are common in many countries. A Workshop on Health Sector Financial Management: Training Modules was held in Seoul, Republic of Korea from 17 to 19 March 2008 to assist in developing a manual for the training programme.
Six modules were drafted for the manual and presented at the workshop:
(1) Public Finance for the Health Sector (Module I)
(2) Planning and Budgeting (Module II)
(3) Capital Budgeting and Costing (Module III)
(4) Budget Execution, Reporting and Monitoring (Module IV)
(5) Economic Evaluation and Priority Setting (Module V)
(6) Health Care Financial Master Plan (Module VI)