Latest information on seasonal influenza
For latest information on the regional seasonal influenza situation:
For latest information on the global seasonal influenza situation:
- Epidemiology: http://www.who.int/influenza/surveillance_monitoring/updates/
- Virology: http://www.who.int/influenza/gisrs_laboratory/updates/summaryreport
Human infection with avian influenza A(H5N6) in China
During the reporting period 10 to 16 May 2014, there were no new cases of human infection with avian influenza A (H5N6) reported in the Western Pacific Region.
Last week, a laboratory confirmed H5N6 infection in a human was reported in Sichuan, China. No human infection with avian influenza A (H5N6) has ever been reported before.
Animal outbreaks of avian influenza viruses of potential public health impact
During the reporting period 10 to 16 May 2014, no outbreaks in animals with avian influenza viruses of potential public health impact were reported in the Western Pacific Region.
For more information on avian influenza viruses in animals with potential public health impact:
- World Organisation of Animal Health (OIE) web page: http://www.oie.int/animal-health-in-the-world/web-portal-on-avian-influenza/ and http://www.oie.int/animal-health-in-the-world/update-on-avian-influenza
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) webpage: Avian Influenza: http://www.fao.org/avianflu/en/index.html
- OFFLU: http://www.offlu.net/
- EMPRES/FAO-GLEWS: http://empres-i.fao.org/empres-i/home