New WHO tobacco control campaign on social media
WHO China launched a new social media campaign to celebrate Beijing's new smoke-free law which will come into effect on 1 June, and in support of stronger tobacco control policies in China.
The campaign is titled #RUFREE? – meaning 'Are you smoke-free? And do you support smoke-free environments?' – and includes posters featuring several high profile Chinese celebrities voicing their support for stronger tobacco control policies.
The Chinese celebrities joining the campaign include:
- Mr Pan Shiyi, founder and Chairman of SOHO Corporation;
- Zhang Liangying, singer;
- Wang Yan, actress;
- Bao Chunlai, former world champion badminton player;
- Zhang Fengyi, actor;
- Ma Tianyu, actor and singer;
- James Chau, writer, broadcaster, and UN Goodwill Ambassador;
- Ren Quan, Actor;
- Ding Lei, Founder and CEO of Netease.
WHO Director-General Dr Margaret Chan and WHO Representative in China, Dr Bernhard Schwartländer are also featured in the campaign.